The Princess’s Design

It started with a few fabric scraps and an idea.


She picked out the pink knit and the printed woven from a scrap bin, and drew up a picture of what she wanted.


I don’t currently have any pink fabric to make her a pencil skirt, and she made a few changes as we went along, but she loves the finished product.


The first change was out of necessity, there wasn’t enough woven fabric to make the bodice unless we added a zipper to the back, and she wanted to be able to put it on by herself, so we added some pink knit to the side seams to make it wider and more flexible.


The other change was just “oh, I like that” as I was sewing on the collar, she liked leaving the back edges disconnected, and she wanted a button “for looks” at the top where they joined.


So maybe not what I would have designed, but she loves it, and she is proud of it, so that is what matters!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s