So I’ve been making costumes for the children’s production, and when I found this embroidered leather scrap in the clearance bin at my local fabric store, I snatched it up. But, I loved it too much to share. So I decided to make myself a jacket instead of a kid sized one. There wasn’t much leather, so I had to be creative.
I love the finished result so much! I used some tapestry scraps as well as a remnant of heavy twill for the sleeves and lining. In total, it cost less than $25. The fasteners on the jacket are kind of fun, too. I looped elastic behind one panel and sewed buttons into the lining of the other panel, so that when worn unfastened, you can’t see them at all.
I also lucked out in that the tapestry designs are all mirrored perfectly between left and right in both the front and the back.
And that second photo is my son wearing the jacket with his costume pants, in case you are thinking I suddenly developed a taste for gold balloon pants. Gag…
And I’ll end this post with a final picture of me.